SLEEP EASIER WITH A HUMIDIFIER & DEHUMIDIFIER
The amount of moisture or lack of moisture in your bedroom can significantly affect your comfort at night. By adding a humidifier or dehumidifier to your bedroom, you can quickly erase these discomforts, and sleep easier.
WHY SHOULD YOU GET A DEHUMIDIFIER FOR YOUR BEDROOM?
A dehumidifier can become an essential appliance in your bedroom and to your home with its numerous benefits for your health. These benefits include the following:
- It reduces humidity levels, making your home less hospitable to allergens such as dust mites, mold and mildew.
- It is not disruptive to your daily life as it runs quietly and efficiently allowing for the avoidance of sleep deprivation.
- It reduces odors that can accompany mold and mildew in your bedroom.
- It reduces the possibility of mold developing on your clothing, furniture, curtains, bed sheets and other linens.
- It reduces irritation to your skin and your respiratory system – allowing you to breathe easier and feel more comfortable, especially at night.
- It allows clothing to dry faster.
- It reduces dust in your bedroom.
THINGS TO CONSIDER BEFORE BUYING A DEHUMIDIFIER FOR YOUR BEDROOM
Daily and Weekly Upkeep
Some products require you to empty them daily and, as mentioned, that can be a little frustrating. If you do have a dehumidifier that requires daily emptying, you should be sure that the process itself is relatively straightforward and simple. If this is the case, you will not be too put out.
The output strength of a dehumidifier dictates how well the unit can keep humidity levels at the required level in a given space. Obviously weaker models will be unable to maintain healthy humidity levels in larger spaces. If you are looking to sill only a small space, you may not need to invest in a large humidifier with a lot of output strength, and so can save a little money.
If you are looking to run your dehumidifier throughout the night or during long periods of time, the tank’s capacity is extremely important. Units with smaller tanks will require you to refill it regularly in order for the balance of humidity to be maintained. For this reason you may prefer to find a humidifier with a larger tank..
Duration will depend upon both the reservoir’s capacity and your own choice of setting for the dehumidifier. The duration of a model with a large tank is likely to be longer and will run throughout the night, for example, without you needing to refill it. However, if you select the highest mist output setting, the unit will of course use more water and, therefore, your duration time will be decreased.
If you’re a light sleeper or you’re looking to place your dehumidifier in a child’s room or your living room, noise will play a huge factor in which humidifier you choose.
WHY SHOULD YOU ADD A HUMIDIFIER FOR BEDROOM?
- Humidifiers Keep You Healthy – Ever feel all bunged up in cold or dry weather? Well, that is because of a lack of moisture in the air. Humidity allows the tiny hairs in your nose to move and do their job of filtering out bacteria and viruses which cause colds and the flu. By adding moisture to your home, you are allowing those tiny hairs to do their job, and keeping yourself healthy. Try the The Honeywell Cool Moisture Console Humidifier.
- Treats Illness – If you are already sick, air moisturized with a humidifier can help soothe the symptoms of colds or flu. When the air is too dry your sinuses don’t drain and function correctly, leaving you feeling blocked up and in pain. Try the Vicks Warm Mist Humidifier.
- Helps You Heal Faster – Humidifiers don’t only treat your illness and relieve your symptoms, but they also allow you to heal faster.
- No More Nosebleeds – It is essential to have your nasal passages moist and lubricated (with water, of course!) in order to prevent nosebleeds. Try the TaoTronics Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier.
- Humidifiers Reduce Snoring – Snoring is caused by low moisture levels in your nose and soft palate. Moisture can also be added to the air with a humidifier. By adding this moisture, you fight off the dryness that leads to snoring – leaving both you and your partner happy.
- Moisturize Your Skin – Blasting the heat throughout your home during the winter months dries out the air. This can leave your skin looking and feeling tight, dry and itchy (especially around areas like your hands). Dry air also causes chapped lips more often and more easily in winter which can often feel painful. By sleeping with your humidifier on at night, you can add moisture to the air.
- Help Reduce the Appearance of Wrinkles – Making sure that the wrinkles do not show up in the first place is the best way to treat them. The drier your skin is, the more prominent your wrinkles become. A humidifier helps fill the room with nourishing, moisturizing steam that can smooth out your skin and help reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
- Help to Prevent Breakouts – When you strip the oils from your face with a cleanser, your skin is forced to produce even more oil to compensate which can result in a nasty breakout. Similarly, when the air dries out the sensitive skin on your face, your oil production kicks up and may cause blemishes. Keeping the correct humidity levels in your home helps banish acne and soothes dry skin. Combine the use of the humidifier with applying moisturizer specific to your skin type to further improve your skin and keep it looking amazing as well as breakout-free.